New MedTech Science and Innovation PhD School
Are you a PhD student with a project in the field of medical technology. Check out this opportunity to apply for a PhD School organized by Medtech Science & Innovation center (MTSI) at Uppsala University.
Medtech Science & Innovation centre (MTSI) is a collaboration between Uppsala University and Uppsala University Hospital. Partners in the centre are the disciplinary domains of Science and Technology, and Medicine and Pharmacy at Uppsala University, and Uppsala University Hospital. The aim with MTSI is to:
- perform and coordinate research in medical technology at Uppsala University and Uppsala University Hospital
- initiate new educational activities and coordinate courses with a clear connection to medical technology
- organize information dissemination through guest lectures, seminars, study visits, and other forms of knowledge exchange
- create a foundation for interdisciplinary collaboration
- work as contact point towards external stakeholders and participate in national as well as international collaborations within medical technology.
As one of the center activities MTSI will run a PhD school in the MedTech field.
Framework of the Ph.D. School
- Already admitted and financed PhD students can apply. Their projects should have a clear connection to either clinical or industrial needs, within the MedTech field.
- MTSI will finance 10 PhD students with 50000 SEK/year – preferably with a spread within the university and from the hospital. The student should intend to participate in all four courses.
- MTSI offers shared office space at the hospital and network activities
- Courses will be given for 2 focused weeks during spring and autumn, 3 credits per course. The program will cover: Invited overview lectures covering MedTech at UU and in the region, regulatory, IPR, product development and project management, implementation of innovations, patient safety and ethics.
- The courses will run with 2-year cycles and will be open for more than the 10 financed students.
How to apply?
Send an email with a short CV and project description (maximum two pages) to: email@example.com
The MTSI board will select the Ph.D. students based on the criteria above.
- Deadline for applications - 28th of February
- Selection of students – 31st of March
- PhD School starts in April/May 2021